Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Diablo

My first fully automated poem (directly typed, not written anywhere)
Keep guessing whats this all about

Free

Here I stand,
with all my life and my spiritual energy drained from me
and it happened not once but hundreds of times,
on this journey, that ends today, only for this day

Only reminiscence remains
of this enfeebling experience
because everything else is either destroyed or burnt up
and everything that lived on his will is rotting in its pool of blood

And there he lays, the lord of terror himself
He dropped not only his weapons but also his pride.
His kingdom, the entire hell, shook when he fell
and he was banished to where he came from

I remember the day when I came upon being,
carrying only a small shield in one hand, and a hand axe in the other,
two scrolls, one for the portal to town and one to identify something magical, in my sash,
four minor healing potions, and my biggest asset, my faith.

For I was called up from the mountains, to help the rogues
Trouble plagued the sisters and everyone living in the encampment
There was a certain foulplay, a certain evil which no one could explain
And it was taking life, of innocent human beings

I came for a little gold, and with a little thought to do good
But then my whole purpose of existing in this world changed
when Akara, the high priestess, gave me my first quest.
She asked me to get rid of the evil that was growing in a nearby den.

Never had I thought that I would see such horrid creatures
And never did I imagine I would confront the prime evils.
The creatures in the den were finished, and they taught me,
that what does not kill me, only makes me stronger.

I rescued my now best friend, deckard cain, from the clasp of evil
He helped me the most on this journey,
Lending me his immense knowledge, and helping me identify,
not only unknown magical items, but also my potential.

He told me that if the way to the eastern desert city of lut gholein is cleared,
trade can be reestablished between us and them,
Then I fought passionately against the monsters and the blacksmith
whose reclaimed horadric malus helped charsi imbue my greaves with magic

On my way here, I have fought many creatures of the dark
From dark ones to devilkin shamans, from misshapens and moon clans
to foul crows and burning dead archers, from undead scavengers and sabre cats,
to dead-raising elders and poisonous & freeze attacking claw vipers.

On my way here I have fought his minions,
like brutes, andariel, radamant, fire mages, duriel the stone skin,
sand and blood maggots, ulthirs, the stone smith, fetishes,
arachnes, venom lords, maw fiends, and the tortured soul of Izual the betrayor.

His hatred against me was intensified when I won against
his brother, mephisto, the lord of hatred,
and smashed his soulstone so that he doesn't reappear in this world again.
For that was when his plot of fooling us was demolished.

I had to face dirty politics of greedy people like gheed n elzix.
My sincerity and honesty were questioned when I was spending time inside
the harem of Jerhyn's palace, though I was only cleansing it of evil.
But I did win the heart of aatma, whose husband's and son's death I avenged.

I used the strength of shields like The ward, Steelclash, Havoc emblem,
and the protection usage of Demonhide sashes and plated belt of the mammoth.
I used rings like nagelring, eagle touch, stone spiral,
and amulets like angelic halo to help me on my ultimate quest.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I stood at the gates between hell and earth.
I had come all the way to a place called Pandamonium fortress
Which was the last bastion before his kingdom, and was made sacred by
the blood of thousands of holy knights of god, who died on the way to kill him.

I used Two handed swords, broad swords, and flamberges like demon sever.
To put an end to the misery of the Lake keepers and zakarumites,
I used mauls, hailstone scythes,and crowns like soul cowl.
And greaves like Vidala's fetlocks, and gauntlets like bitter fist and chance guards.

When I fought his mana draining specters opening the five seals inside the chaos sanctuary,
I could see that I was going to face him,
for he was running out of excuses to confront me, and running out of his minions,
He finally appeared, accepting my challenge, because I had made him do that.

The duel lasted an eternity, and shook, among everything, my biggest asset, my faith.
For he used terror among his weapons such as fire breath, freezing hands,
and his soul piercing shrill cry, and his expanding wall of flame.
I thought I would die and wanted to go back to the safety of home....

I had used up all the potions I had brought, and I was running out of strength,
and life, and options, for it was only one out of my ten dread-song-the-great-sword blows
that were making way to his acquired body.
But then I remembered.....

I remembered the faces of all the paladins and amazon warriors,
and sorceresses and necromancers, who had come here to do what I finally could do.
I could see them in a mode of prayer, I could see the faith they had in me, in their eyes.
That there will be no home to go back to, if I don't finish it now.

I mustered up and their faces doubled my courage.
With all my might and remaining life, I stunned him with a blow,
and without giving him a chance to recover, I gave out my battle cry.
It weakened his armour, and I could see it in his eyes.


He made his last effort, but my shield deflected it.
With the tip of my great sword, I finally put an end to his existence.
His horns had to make their way down to the blood drenched ground.
I know I couldn't save everyone, but I did give the remaining a chance to rebuild their lives, their homes and their faith.

8 Comments:

Blogger bhagyashree said...

phew!!!this one really belongs to the class of fantasy fiction. no wonder ur fav movie is LOTR. did the muvie inspire this poem or did the poem initiate the liking for the muvie??wtever way it is..its full of all the paraphernalia req to make a fantasy hit..viz.amulets,scrolls,potions,swords,monsters,kingdoms,fights,gallantry,imaginary weird names...n never ending faith in oneself!!

wonder hw u cud write it..i mean type it in one go..but cudnt make sense of the diablo..

August 16, 2007 at 12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

November 11, 2008 at 8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The clue is in the title! I haven't played this game myself but I'm currently playing Dragon Age Origins. If you haven't already, you should check it out. :) Laura

January 31, 2011 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger The Junkie said...

(Belated) Thanks Bhagyashree, Zazu and Thanks Laura.
I am already on the wikipedia page of Dragon Age! Since it's by my favourite EA, I think I will like it :)

January 31, 2011 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Big fan of the Diablo games & I envisioned every bit of this perfectly!

October 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM  
Blogger The Junkie said...

Phew! You are the first reader who has actually played this game. Only a Junkie can truly feel the high that another Junkie has felt :)
Really happy it connected!

October 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 12, 2013 at 4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home